Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pocket kings Chess...

Pocket kings Chess... Chess and Poker. Those two games have been taking a large chunk of my free time and are so similar, contrary to what most people believe.

In chess and in Poker the player action has almost no mechanical component, its only a mental decision. This is in contrast to baseball, tennis, football... even golf, where form and the execution of the movement count for a great deal. In chess the decision is what piece to move and where to move it to. In poker the decision is one of 4 things: Fold, Check, Bet or Raise; there are also degrees in betting and raising but lets leave those out for now.

This means that I can leverage many things I learned how to do to get better at chess and use it to get better at poker. I will be reporting on my progress here and discussing things I find interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment