Monday, November 2, 2009

Pokerstars bonus status

My last Pokerstars deposit entitled me to a 50% deposit bonus. Let me take a moment to clarify that although I am still not a solid winning player at all stakes (!) I am constantly tweaking my game and probing other games/stakes to see what game is more profitable/(least unprofitable?). It looks like am a slight loser on the low stakes and a winner in the somewhat higher stakes (relatively speaking) because against these players you just have no other option than to play your hand. I find it very difficult to sit waiting for the very premium hands (since position decreases in value somewhat) and get impatient. One thing I discovered is that if you get raised at the very low stakes you are beat, players just do not raise bluff at all.

Back to the bonus: The best way to get the bonus to clear as soon as possible is to play limit tables because the pots on those tables reach the threshold amount much more frequently than on the no-limit tables.

Some advice: Play tight on the limit tables but also make good use of position to play some drawing hands. Because of Morton's theorem drawing hands on these type of games seem to be very profitable and that has been my experience also. Games are lose and betting can escalate out of control very quickly.

Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment